This blog features new additions to the Cyclofiend.com Galleries. If you want to know when the Current Classic, Singlespeed, Cyclocross or Working Bike Galleries receive updates, you can check back here, "follow" this blog by using the link below right, or subscribe to this blog's RSS feed.

Most of the time, I'll highlight one of the new entries from the batches - don't take that to mean it's better or the others are worse. It's just that when I went to post those entries, one caught my attention at that time and place.

This won't be my main venue for online nattering - ride reports, technical stuff and whatever tangents capture my brain will show up over on the Cyclofiend.com "Ramblings" blog, so you ought to wander over there. If you want to see what I've been writing about, there's a feed down at the bottom of this page which has the most recent posts from that blog.

If you have found your way here looking for things about Rivendell Bicycle Works (rivbike.com), I am the moderator of the RBW Owner's Bunch group over on google groups. That is a discussion of Rivendell bicycles and their products, but you can learn more about that here.


Sunday, September 26, 2010

Site & Blog Update

First, I wanted to thank all of the visitors to this blog and the Cyclofiend.com gallery pages who have emailed wondering what was up with the updates. It's nice to know that people miss this stuff when it's not getting updated.  I appreciate all the questions concerning health & life and all that, as well as the sincere offers to help.  It's really heartwarming to get that kind of feedback.

Of course, the main issue is simple - time.  As some folks who know me well are aware, I've been developing a new career as a voice actor, which requires time - for workshops, classes, auditions and the jobs themselves. I also have been working as an audio engineer for some of the voiceover classes at the school - Voicetrax

I also - and this should come as no surprise - really, really enjoy riding my bicycle.  Which means if I have enjoyed a sliver of time this summer, I've tried to ride.

A lot of the efforts for voice acting - particularly the auditions - require me to be inside, staring at a computer screen. This time definitely has taken away from time to process people's images, post them to the gallery, and update the listings.  Quite frankly, after I've spent the morning doing auditions, blazed down to my day job and maaaaaaybe snuck in an extended loop on the commute home, the last thing I've wanted to do is sit down in front of the computer again.  In short, I've gotten a bit out of the habit. 

It's also compounded by the fact that the venerable G4 Cube - wherein all the software lives which runs the cyclofiend.com site - has started getting a bit senile of late.  Crashes, quirkiness... that sort of thing.  I happen to feel it's always a copout to blame the hardware, and we've been saving to update that part of the home network.  So hopefully, that variable will go away soon.

Certainly, a "gee I'm sorry I haven't posted" post always sucks.  They are lame.  And I'm writing one, so it seems.   But, this past week, I did have a talk with the production department (me) and did process through a slug of images which have been patiently waiting for addition to the galleries.

So, thanks for your patience and look for some updates*.  We're back in gear and slowly pulling away from the dock.

*and, if you have a business that has voiceover needs - gimmee a holler.

No comments: